Saturday, April 3, 2010

Mississippi Trip Suppliment (part 2 coming soon)

I'm really tired, I've been awake for 18 hours now, working 90% of that, and I'm going to do a full write-up tomorrow. Just wanted to share this picture of the kind of airplane I flew today. For 2 hours, I was at the controls of a Piper P46T Meridian. It is a propeller that is turned by a jet turbine engine, and the plane is certified for known ice (FIKI), and pressurized. We went from Oxford, Mississippi to Ashland, KY today in 1.8 hours. With a true airspeed of about 265 knots (305 mph) and a 40 knot tailwind, were were traveling with a groundspeed of over 300 knots . Thats just over 350 miles per hour, at 27,000 feet above sea level. I was very lucky, and got a high-altitude flight endorsement in my logbook also. I am extremely grateful to the people that allowed it to happen, and wow, what a view!

No comments:

Post a Comment